Volunteering at St. Gertrude’s
We want you to come be a part of our wonderful volunteer team at St. Gertrude’s Health and Rehabilitation Center!
Volunteers enhance the quality of life for our resident. A good volunteer is someone who is responsible, loving, friendly, caring, dependable, sincere, sensitive, interested, considerate, thoughtful and cooperative.
We have multiple opportunities to choose from, the areas in need are:
- Bingo Callers or helpers ( Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons)
- Piano player for church services Tuesday and Wednesday Mornings)
- Church Escorts ( Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday Mornings)
- Craft Helper
- Card player
- Baking assistant
- Doctor Escorts
- Assist with resident outings ( various days/times throughout the year)
- One-on-One Visits
- Spiritual Care ( Eucharist ministries and sacristan/Sunday and Wednesday mornings)
Opportunities are in the various areas:
- Long Term Care
- Transitional Care
- Assisted Living
Process for becoming a Volunteer at St. Gertrude's
- Complete the application and volunteer background information
- Volunteer Application click here
- Minnesota Department of Human Services Background form click here
- Disclosure- Preparation of a Consumer Report Verified Credentials click here
- Bring in, mail, or email to email@example.com applications and background information
- Once background checks are cleared you will be receiving and email or phone call to set up an orientation session and go through a second background check.
- When the second background check is cleared, you are ready to volunteer.